The Learning Breakthrough Program™ is the original visual-motor therapy for improving cognitive performance. The Dore™ method was developed based on the principles of the highly regarded Learning Breakthrough™ therapy (see # 1 below).
- The benefits you receive from Dore™ or the Learning Breakthrough Program™ come from exercises performed daily IN YOUR HOME. Developmental specialists have used the Learning Breakthrough Program™ since 1982. The program was recently revised to be easy to use without the need for professional help, which is why the Learning Breakthrough™ is a fraction of the cost of Dore™ (According to information found on the internet, Dore cost est. $2000-$4000 USD or other currencies per user vs Learning Breakthrough™ cost $399 USD plus shipping for lifetime use for unlimited users). You can now get support and coaching at additional cost for Leaning Breakthrough™. Click here for details.
- The Learning Breakthrough™ exercises took years of trial and error to determine which precise movements and equipment made the most change in things like reading, speech, coordination and attention. Most all multi-sensory activities are good for cognitive and physical performance. What separates the Learning Breakthrough Program™ from Dore™ or other programs is the precision of the equipment and the movements, as well as the ease of use and affordability.
- Dore™ performs a series of tests and states the exercises you perform at HOME are personalized based on all the test results. We understand people are given different pages of exercises however we are unaware of any data or studies that show this has any impact on results. The Learning Breakthrough Program™ comes with a follow-along DVD where all the exercises are organized and structured into daily segments for ease of use. Here is what the original developer has to say about personalization:
- Dr. Belgau, the developer of the Learning Breakthrough Program™ has often been asked “Which exercises should I perform for ADHD, or Dyslexia etc”. His answer is always the same: “it is through the repetition of the variety of movements performed using my highly precise equipment that helps better organize the way the brain processes information. The therapy can affect numerous cognitive functions at the same time, such as reading and handwriting and attention. The Learning Breakthrough Program™ involves all the various senses and processes behind learning and performance. Our various senses such as visual, motor, auditory and balance are connected. The more they are “exercised” together, the more “integrated” they become and the better you will function. The program enables individual users to progress at their own pace to ever increasing challenge levels due to the unique precision equipment included”.
- Learning Breakthrough™ has been consistently relied upon by medical practitioners and special educators around the world since 1982. For decades, Learning Breakthrough™ seminars have been approved as CEU (continuing education units) for Occupational Therapists.
(#1) Below you can see the reference made regarding the Learning Breakthrough ProgramTM (Belgau & Belgau, 1982) as the example given as the basis for the exercises in the Dore Program (at Dore AcheivementTM or DDATTM Centers).